BORREGO DAYS DESERT FESTIVAL: A Weekend of Fun!
Borrego Days offers something for everybody!
This weekend is a great time to be in Borrego Springs because it is the 47th Annual Borrego Days Desert Festival. This year’s festival, dedicated to Dennis Avery, will be filled with fun for the entire family. The three day event begins Friday evening October 26th and runs through Sunday, October 28th.
As has become the tradition, the festival will feature a parade through town, beginning at 10 am Saturday morning, with marching bands, floats, equestrian groups, and, yes, decorated golf carts! The parade begins on Palm Canyon Drive at Country Club Road and proceeds to Christmas Circle. This year’s Parade Grand Marshal is Ricardo Breceda, the creator of the magnificent sculptures located in Galleta Meadows Estate.
Of course, there is more to Borrego Days Desert Festival than the parade. There is:
• a classic car and motorcycle show
• a kid’s area with Harpo the Clown, face painting, a mini-carnival, pony rides, arts and crafts and other activities
• helicopter rides
• the installation of Borrego’s new Honorary Mayor, Martha Deichler
• the unveiling of Borrego’s tribute to Dennis Avery
• live music, including Lucky Tongue, Velvet Café, Billy Watson Blues Review, Angel Miguel, Mariachi Estrella and Izon Eden
• recognition of Borrego’s Volunteer Extraordinaire, Brad Tidwell
• event commentary provided by Francoise Rhodes, KKJD 99.1, and Borrego’s own Okie McNatt
• food, food and more food!
Borrego Days Desert Festival offers something for everyone. It is a great way to spend the weekend surrounded by one of the country’s most unique environments. Come and see for yourself why Borrego Springs, really is California’s Secret Desert ™!
For more information, call 760-767-5555 or visit the festival’s website at www.borregospringschamber.com/borregodays